From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Anne E Zald
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tanzania Census District Maps

On behalf of a researcher I am looking for maps (for loan, study scans, or visit) showing detailed geography for the Census of Population conducted in Tanzania, specifically,
 " ...maps used in the census for Tanzania for the years prior to 2002. The maps I need are those that indicate enumeration areas at the ward and village (also called street/mitaa) level. Those years I believe are 1988, 1978, and 1967..."

For the 1967 Census we have three sheets each showing detail for one district.  There may well be additional sheets for this census and I haven't been able to identify other map products for the other census years using OCLC or discussed at the website of the Tanzanian National Bureau of Statistics.

Goyer, Doreen S.  The International Population Census Bibliography: Revision and Update 1945-1977.  Academic Press, 1980 makes no mention of maps accompanying statistical volumes published for the 1967 census or the 1973 National Demographic Survey.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

Anne Zald
Instruction & Curriculum Support
Subjects: Government Information, Social Sciences Data, Regulatory Compliance
Northwestern University Libraries
Adjunct Faculty, iSchool at Syracuse University
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208
(847) 467-6441