Hello all:

I have an untitled manuscript atlas in front me which was produced on behalf of the Admiralty on board a ship sailing in the West Indies in 1717-1718 by a captain Bartholomew Candler.

I have correspondence in our bibliographical files which detail another "copy" with slight variances (author attribution and an index).

I have searched the library catalogues of the Caird, the British Library, and the National Archives to no avail.

Much of the correspondence I have comes from P.K. Kemp from the Naval Historical Branch of the Ministry of Defence and has a British Museum Map Room stamp at the foot of the correspondence.

I am seeking conformation of the existence of this duplicate copy and elements lacking in ours. I am also seeking a shelfmark number so that I may add it to our catalogue record.

I am hoping that someone in ExLibris can out me in touch with a name and an email who can help me to track this down.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Allison
--