Eliza,

It was a pleasure showing you and the other folks at Cornell our FIMo service today.  I would like to clarify a couple points regarding your email.

·         The Library of Congress will eventually have all the imagery we created of their maps posted online, but without the useful interface.  They will not have maps which we digitized from other sources.

·         Nobody has “all the maps”.  There are maps with unique revision dates scattered all over the country.  I see them everywhere I go.  HIG is working to get as many digitized as possible (If anyone is interested in having us digitize their collection of unique fire insurance maps, let me know.  We only have a few small or medium sized projects in the queue at the moment).

·         Nobody is allowing the Sanborn copyrights to expire.  They are reaching the end of their 95 year life.  Over the next 8 years, the vast majority of original Sanborn copyrights will expire.  An explanation of status of the Sanborn company and its copyrights would require an entire article or presentation, which I may get around to one of these days.

Regards,
David

[cid:image002.jpg@01D2F71A.D4FBAE40]<http://www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/>   [seemoreincolor]

David Hodnefield                                              Marla K. Smith
President                                                                              Executive Assistant
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>                                [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
952-253-2004 ext 111                                         952-253-2004 ext 119

Historical Information Gatherers (HIG)
www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/<http://www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/>
[LinkedIn-Logo-02]<https://www.linkedin.com/organization/2985404>[facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=historical%20information%20gatherers%20-%20hig>[twitter icon]<https://twitter.com/HistoricalInfo1>[youtube icon]<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLftxFDJe-tuucvIyAujnPQa7mKcddUAED>