I believe that the FIMO company is widely responsible for the digitization of the Sanborn maps in the Library of Congress.  FIMO has brought the maps to the public through their subscription database in a very user-friendly resource (I had a week of free access to try out the resource – given to ALA attendees who were interested in trying it out). I do not get anywhere near the same ease of use when I attempt to find the digitized Sanborn maps at the Library of Congress.

I am acquainted with the owner because of his active involvement with both ALA MAGIRT and WAML. Regardless, my opinion of FIMO is my own, based wholly on my own experience with the particular product and compared to my experiences with other versions of digitized Sanborn maps that I have attempted to use from other sources.

Leslie Wagner

Associate Archivist

University of Texas at Arlington Libraries

817-272-6209

Past Chair, ALA MAGIRT

Former Chair, TLA AGLHRT

Member SAA, SSA, TLA, ALA, TSHA, TSGS, TMS, WAML