Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone here knows of or is involved with projects to archive web map tiles (e.g. OpenStreetMap tiles).

If someone wanted to look at the cartographic style history of OpenStreetMap, they would need access to map tiles at specific zoom levels over an area for a specific range or period of time. The database which OSM uses to render these tiles is available and can be searched historically, but I’m more interested in projects that attempt to archive the raster tiles. Specifically how they were packaged, organized, and given metadata.

Thanks in advance for any help!

+Evan

Evan Thornberry

Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Librarian

Walter C. Koerner Library | UBC Library
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
1958 Main Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z2 Canada
Phone 604 822 8667

UBC Vancouver is located on the traditional, ancestral, unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) people

cid:image001.png@01D42428.A8255E20