Hi all

We have a new giant scanner that can accommodate maps via sheet feeding.  We are just beginning to play with it and noticed something odd.

When scanning at the highest resolution, everything looked fine - except the file size was ENORMOUS.  Note the map goes through much slower than the next scenario.

The map scanned at the middle resolution looked fine at first, but then we noticed a few oddities.  For example, an 8 that was handwritten had a duplicated top to the 8 -  basically, it looked like a snowman.  The scanner moved pulled the map through much quicker. The quality at first glance looks nearly the same except for these little blips.

Does anyone have any experience why these blips may be occurring? One consideration is that the map was previously folded - however, this didn't seem to affect the higher resolution / lower speed.

Maybe the faster speed was the reason - but perhaps someone out there who has used such a scanner before knows what the deal is?

Thanks for any insight!

-Danny