From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of "McCutcheon, Lois"
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Metadata for digitized Sanborn maps

We just learned that our Digital Projects unit was successful in getting a grant to get Sanborn maps digitized!

Making sure the digitized versions will be findable through metadata is on the agenda.

Would be appreciative of pointers toward good sources of information/right directions to pursue.

I’m writing as a monographs cataloger (primarily print, ebooks, ETDs) who inherited maps cataloging from a now-retired colleague.  I’m moderately familiar with cataloging sheet maps in RDA and of course MARC.

Sevim McCutcheon

Catalog Librarian; Assoc. Prof.

Metadata and Catalog Dept.

Kent State University Libraries