Hello,

While working on cataloging the collection here at WIU, I found a map of part of the port of Hamburg, Germany printed on what appears to be a German Anschluss map of an area in Scotland. Since most of my experience has been with the AMS topo sets, I am wondering if anyone else has run across this. The German side of the map has a blue X across the map. Because it was so odd, I decided to keep the map.

I am planning to give a talk about the World War II era maps that we have in our collection before the end of the semester. We are not open evenings, so I cannot do a talk closer to D-Day, but they are a resource that I would like to share with our wider community. Of course this unusual map will be included.

Linda Zellmer

P.S. I assume that at the time it was cheaper to use the paper on hand than to ship paper from the U.S. to print maps, thus the double printing.
--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian