From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Faundeen, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] 35-mm Shuttle Onboard Film

Suggest working through NASA who should have sufficient metadata.  A contact / request info page can be found at https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/contact

John Faundeen
Archivist
U.S. Geological Survey, EROS Center
47914-252nd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57198
Office: 605-594-6092  Mobile: 605-838-7081 Email: [log in to unmask]

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:01 PM Bigwood, David <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Maybe someone with aerial photography can help. We have 35-mm Shuttle Onboard Film, both negatives and positives here. I’ve not come across anyplace else where these may be found. Nor have I found any description of the imagery. Number of frames, magazines used, that sort of info.

I’ve created descriptions based on what we have. For instance:

http://library.lpi.usra.edu/T95009/OPAC/Details/Record.aspx?BibCode=95681165

http://library.lpi.usra.edu/T95009/OPAC/Details/Record.aspx?BibCode=97488158

Does any description of this imagery exist? Is there any place else where the public can access it?

We have duplicates of lots  of the film. Would this be something anyone would be interested in? Do you know someone else who might want it? Pending approval by management, I can suggest we share it, but I can’t make the final decision.

Thanks,

David Bigwood

Regional Planetary Image Facility/Library

Lunar and Planetary Institute

https://www.facebook.com/RPIFN/

https://repository.hou.usra.edu/