Hi Jenny,

My colleague Mary Aagard and I wrote an article about weeding USGS
topographic maps and whether online availability influenced weeding
decisions. While not weeding protocols are not specifically outlined,
survey results of factors such as usage, user preferences, support of
academic programs, and user discovery. are presented. Our author-produced,
peer-reviewed version of this article is available in our institutional
repository here <https://scholarworks.boisestate.edu/lib_facpubs/117/>. The
final, definitive version can be found online in *Collection Management*.
doi:  10.1080/01462679.2016.1159162
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01462679.2016.1159162>

Not sure if it is what you are looking for but maybe it will be useful.

Cheri
--
Cheri Folkner
Head of Cataloging and Associate Professor