Hi Eliza,

If the GIS angle fails, Cornell has an atlas, published in 1929, that
depicts cercle boundaries (and admin centers): "Atlas Colonial Francais :
Colonies, Protectorats et Pays Sous Mandat"

Catalog record is here:
https://newcatalog.library.cornell.edu/catalog?search_field=publisher+number%2Fother+identifier&q=8459180

We have it here, so yell if you can't get to Cornell's.

BTW, the bibliography points to "Atlas des Cercles de l'A.O.F.*, à
différentes échelles (Service géographique de l'A.O.F.)," which produces a
lot of results in Worldcat. See:
https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=atlas+des+cercles&qt=owc_search
* presumably Afrique Ouest Francais?

Michael

--
Michael Fry
Collections Manager | Map Library Manager

[image: Nat Geo Logo Yellow_Black.png] <http://www.nationalgeographic.org>

1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036

[image: Email-Signature8.gif] <https://donate.nationalgeographic.org/em-sig>