Hi:

FREE satellite imagery is available from Landsat (USGS, USA), no affiliation with university needed.
 The USGS Earth Explorer has a tool for a free download
https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
or a friendly step-by-step procedure can be found here URL https://gisgeography.com/usgs-earth-explorer-download-free-landsat-imagery/

Enjoy and take care,

Lucia Lovison