Hello,

I put two displays up at WIU, but used Documents, maps and materials from the stacks. In the process, I found that there were two books, originally published in the 1630s, that described trips to the Moon. The original Moon landing science fiction! One was written by Johannes Kepler Somnium, sive Astronomia lunaris (The Dream or Lunar Astronomy) [republished as Kepler's Dream], and one was written by Bishop Francis Godwin (The Man in the Moone; or, A Discourse of a Voyage Thither, by Domingo Gonsales, the speedy messenger).

The map that I included is Color-coded topography and shaded relief maps of the lunar hemispheres (I-2769).

Linda Zellmer
--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian