From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kathy Stroud
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Early 1900s Aerial Photography from balloons

All,

Does anyone know of a work that discusses early aerial photography from balloons?  A patron was asking me about birds-eye view aerial photography from balloons in relation to a 1910? Postcard they have.

Were itinerant balloonists taking aerial photographs of towns and then selling them much the way pilots did in the 1920s?

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051

“A map is not just a picture—it’s also the data behind the map, the methodology used to collect and parse that data, the people doing that work, the choices made in terms of visualization and the software used to make them.”