Looks like the link that Susan provided are thr files to make the map in
ArcInfo (GIS software).

By now,  every depository library should have at least one computer
dedicated to GIS and should also have a map plotter since it is the only
way you can update US topographic maps and nautical charts. Having these
two pieces of equipment are a necessity now.

Carlos A Diaz
AskCarlos.com