From: <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Carlos A Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 11:54 PM
To: Discussion of Government Document Issues <[log in to unmask]>, DOCTECH-L <[log in to unmask]>, MAPS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [DocTech-L] US Space Command Established

Well,  the President announced this afternoon thr establishment of the US Space Command (USSC) as the sixth military branch.

GPO must be having their own kind of fun trying to come up with a new SuDocs number, as well as,  new LC Subject Headings.

I also am wondering how NASA and USSC will work together.   Will NASA begin building military spacecraft since they are the only agency that knows how to do that.

Will the USSC be the seed that will create Starfleet?

Can you imagine a new tech industry that will create photon torpedoes, phasers,  molecular teleportation,  shields,  sensors,  artificial gravity,  holodecks,  etc.?

Should we expect Russia and China to do the same?   A new space race.

Carlos A Diaz
AskCarlos.com