Hi Angie,

Thanks for the further clarification, it helps! Now I know its a reprint of the 1991 original map. So, yes, DtSt r and 2019, 1991 as you have it. I would use the existing name of the company in 264$b and add a note of explanation about the name change. IF there is an authority record for the new company it should have data to reflect both relationships, from old to new name and also new to old. My guess (nope, I did not go search) is that the new company name has not been established and so a quick note in the record may be useful to another cataloger, your users, and potentially helpful to whomever creates that authority record (again, assuming is has not been created yet).

Paige

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Cataloging reprint with same but different publisher??

No, this is the 1991 map. They reprinted the 1991 but with the current publisher name. Not dates anywhere on map ...

Would I use DtSt r and then 2019, 1991. And then what in the 264s? Should I use a 264 bracketed statement for the publisher name used/known in 1991 or just include a note of explanation?

-a-