From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kathy Stroud
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Atlas cartograěfico del Reino de Chile, siglos XVII-XIX

All,

Our student working in the stacks discovered that our copy of Atlas cartograěfico del Reino de Chile, siglos XVII-XIX (https://UOLibraries.on.worldcat.org/oclc/9022371<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__UOLibraries.on.worldcat.org_oclc_9022371&d=DwMFAA&c=nE__W8dFE-shTxStwXtp0A&r=77-47ZJQbukZ-e0xX_dd1Q&m=rGrAYfceykomdoVf3rmy0c9UcLn5XmjgJfAjdldL6gI&s=7MJcSqUrfDNa1lk_00Fv1YOAZHJzRxoY9D55F2jkJbA&e=>) is extremely sticky.  I suspect that whatever faux leather material it was bound with is degrading.  Has anyone else encountered this situation?

We are having our copy rebound.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051

“A map is not just a picture—it’s also the data behind the map, the methodology used to collect and parse that data, the people doing that work, the choices made in terms of visualization and the software used to make them.”