I hope this isn’t an inappropriate question to put out this list:

Does anyone have experience with scanning aerial photograph enlargements (the approx.. 22” x 22” ones) either doing it in house of out sourcing? We have a significant number of pre-1956 enlargements that we are looking for funding to get scanned. If you’re willing to share experiences, cost/time estimates, etc please contact me.  I’m aware that there are people on this listserv who do this type of service for a fee, so any sensitive information should be sent to my email ([log in to unmask])  and not the list.  Commercial service providers are also welcome to contact me directly, but be aware that this is very much in the preliminary stages and funding has not yet been identified.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051

“A map is not just a picture—it’s also the data behind the map, the methodology used to collect and parse that data, the people doing that work, the choices made in terms of visualization and the software used to make them.”