Hey Everyone,

My colleague, Emma, and I are hosting two AAG sessions about the “Role of Libraries in Geography and GIS Education”. One is a Paper<https://aag.secure-abstracts.com/AAG%20Annual%20Meeting%202020/sessions-gallery/25007> session with 15 minute talks and the second is a Lightning Talk and Discussion<https://aag.secure-abstracts.com/AAG%20Annual%20Meeting%202020/sessions-gallery/25008> session with 5 minute talks. We encourage you to submit something related to how you go about teaching people about maps, GIS, thinking spatially, etc.

AAG will be in Denver April 6-10, 2020.

If you want to submit something, you just need to register for the conference, submit your abstract, and send me an email. As long as it is related to maps/gis & teaching in libraries, you're accepted!

If you register<https://www2.aag.org/AAGAnnualMeeting/Register_to_Attend/AAGAnnualMeeting/RegisterToAttend.aspx?hkey=9fbcd624-d383-4ebf-8bc7-dd5cf1b7cdcb> before October 9th, you can get the following rates: $315 (members), $440 (non-members). The deadline for submitting an abstract is October 30th.

Looking forward to your submissions! Let us know if you have any questions.

Jessica

Raw link to sessions

Lightning Talks: https://aag.secure-abstracts.com/AAG%20Annual%20Meeting%202020/sessions-gallery/25008

Papers: https://aag.secure-abstracts.com/AAG%20Annual%20Meeting%202020/sessions-gallery/25007

Jessica G. Benner  | Library Liaison, Computer Science & GIS  | Carnegie Mellon University Libraries  | 4406 Sorrells Library  | 412-268-2426