From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Tickner, Amanda <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: GIS Day ideas

Hello all,

I have in the past held an Open Humanitarian Street Mapping open house on GIS Day where I helped people learn the interface, etc. Here is a simple libguide I made for the event: https://libguides.lib.msu.edu/HOT

This is an easy activity that doesn’t require GIS software or skills and people can use their own laptops if no computer lab is available.

However, attendance was low. I am no longer investing much in GIS Day events, because it seems like a time of year where students especially do not have time for extra activities. And the geography department has their own activities so there is a lot going on already.

This year I am just having a one hour open house in our 360 display space focused on Google Streetview. Which is low key and easy.

Cheers,

Amanda