Map Folk,

The Dean of Library Services at Missouri State University has directed me to withdraw our USGS topographic quad collection for all states except Missouri and Arkansas, making us the next map library to start this process.
Like Bill Sudduth at USC, we will use the process of taking requests for specific states that we are deselecting. Postage for small requests will be covered by Missouri State University. Larger requests will need to be negotiated.

Before we get started I have two questions for the libraries that have gone through this process:

I know the FDLP guidelines for removing documents from the collection. Are USGS topographic quadrangles included in the FDLP?

What did you do with the quads that no other library requested?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help,

Jim

Jim Coombs

Maps & GIS Librarian

Missouri State University