Position description pasted below ...

From: Geohumsig <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Benjamin Vis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:56 AM
To: Geohumanities SIG ADHO ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Geohumsig] FW: Curator, Geospatial Cultural Heritage (British Library)

Forwarding the job opportunity below.

        Date: 2020-03-04 08:11:52+00:00
        From: Gethin Rees <[log in to unmask]>

Please consider applying for the role of Curator, Geospatial Cultural
Heritage at the British Library. Further details and information on how
to apply are available here:
https://britishlibrary.recruitment.zellis.com/birl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=0100
2198

Closing date: 22 March 2020

This full-time role, fixed-term for 18 months offers a unique
opportunity to shape strategy in using geospatial data to connect
cultural heritage collections and engage audiences. Based in the British
Library, St Pancras, the role will contribute to the ‘Locating a
National Collection’ project, a Foundational Collaborative project in
the ‘Towards a National Collection: Opening UK Heritage to the World’
programme, funded by the AHRC. This is an exciting opportunity to work
alongside co-investigators in the National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces
and the University of Exeter alongside a range of project partners from
across the cultural heritage sector to manage and deliver the project’s
infrastructure and engagement work packages. Tasks include conducting
technical research and audience evaluation, managing developers,
organising workshops and writing sections of the project’s strategy report.

Please feel free to repost widely.

Best,

Gethin
  --
Dr Gethin Rees
Lead Curator, Digital Mapping

|| Dr Benjamin N. Vis | Co-Investigator ComparT Project | Center of African Studies | Department of Middle Eastern Studies | University of West Bohemia | Czech Republic ||

Academia.edu (for publications and talks)

https://zcu.academia.edu/BenjaminVis

Cities Made of Boundaries: Mapping social life in urban form (UCL Press, 2018)

https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/95115

Dust to Dust: Redesigning urban life in healthy soils

http://www.dusttodustcompetition.org/

Assembly for Comparative Urbanisation and the Material Environment (ACUMEN)
http://acumengroup.org/

Curator, Geospatial Cultural Heritage

Vacancy Details

Summary
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Location: St Pancras
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Vacancy Group: Collections
Category: Collection Care, Curation & Conservation
Closing Date: 03/22/2020
Date Posted: 02/26/2020
Reference: 03247

Description

Full Time, Fixed Term for 18 months

This role offers a unique opportunity to shape strategy in using geospatial data to connect cultural heritage collections and engage audiences. Based in the British Library, St Pancras, the role will contribute to the ‘Locating a National Collection’ project, a Foundational Collaborative project in the ‘Towards a National Collection: Opening UK Heritage to the World’ programme, funded by the AHRC. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside co-investigators in the National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces and the University of Exeter alongside a range of project partners from across the cultural heritage sector, to manage and deliver the project’s infrastructure and engagement work packages. Tasks include conducting technical research and audience evaluation, managing developers, organising workshops and writing sections of the project’s strategy report.

A sound knowledge of the use of geospatial technologies in research and/or software development is essential as are skills using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) or related tools. The successful candidate will have a high level of data literacy and an understanding of current trends in digital humanities, computer science, digital cultural heritage or similar. Experience of working in cultural heritage or with public-facing digital projects is desirable. The role demands a collaborative approach and experience and skills in organising events, managing web developers and writing publications as part of a team are essential. Finally, a proven ability to manage and coordinate workflows with a range of stakeholders to ensure that project milestones are delivered on time is highly desirable.

In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits.  Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes 26.6% (this may be higher dependant on grade) Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.

More about the British Library

As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future. At present we have well over 150 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future.

For further information and to apply, please visit www.bl.uk/careers quoting vacancy ref:03247

Closing date: 22 March 2020

Interview date:  17 April 2020

Disability Confident

We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy.

 forwarded by

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]  (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W
1505846149570_image001.png