Hello,

I think that some of the captured maps may have come because someone at UT may have gone to the Library of Congress summer program. We have some of the captured maps here, many of which contain LC duplicate stamps.

One of the maps that I found in our collection (which is cataloged for our collection) is:

Mittelamerika 1:5,000,000: Mexiko, Zentralamerika und Westindische Inseln / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Section of the National Geographic Society ; hergestellt im Auftrage Gen. St. d H. Abt f Kr Kart und Verm Wes. (OCLC 84703046).

It appears that this map is based on an earlier National Geographic map and contains information from other sources too. It inspired me to do some reading about World War II in the Caribbean. There were submarines actively going after tankers and cargo ships in the Caribbean, one of which was the U505 which is at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.

Linda Zellmer
--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian