A reminder about this ... that was sent to Maps-L on April 1st (I hope it wasn't a joke) -angie-

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to invite you all to a series of conversations about the Role of Libraries in Geography and GIS Education!

We recently received a grant to explore how libraries support informal (and formal) learning about geography and GIS. As part of this work, we are having several online events this April. For more information about the events and connection details, visit our website  www.library.cmu.edu/gis/rolgge.

Here are the events. We hope to see many of you at many of them :))

Virtual Conference Session at AAG 2020: April 8

We were planning to have two sessions at AAG this year, luckily we are still able to hold them virtually! Note the link below goes to Session #1, but the text has details for the entire combined session.

April 8, 3:00-5:30 pm (EST), Role Of Libraries in Geography and GIS Education

Zoom link to attend: https://cmu.zoom.us/j/631076849, Meeting ID: 631 076 849, password: ROLGGE

Webinar: April 29

Check out this UCGIS webinar, hosted by Emma Slayton (CMU) and Josh Sadvari (OSU).

April 29, time (EST)

Please register for Locating Libraries in the Geospatial Education Community on Apr 29, 2020 3:00 PM EDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2698247020072368652

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Zoom Conversations: Every Thursday starting April 9

One of the main goals of our efforts this year is to engage as many people connected to libraries, geography, gis, maps and more - in conversations about their work*. To this end, we have planned four sessions on Zoom. We will use the questions next to each date to guide the conversations on that day.

April 9, 3:00-4:00 pm (EST)

April 16, 3:00-4:00 pm (EST)

April 23, 3:00-4:00 pm (EST)

April 30, 3:00-4:00 pm (EST)

All of these Zoom Conversations can be joined using the following connection details: https://cmu.zoom.us/j/519042933. Meeting ID: 519 042 933.

One tap mobile

+16465189805,,519042933# US (New York)

+17866351003,,519042933# US (Miami)

If you have any questions or need more information about these events or other happenings around GIS at CMU Libraries, please contact [log in to unmask].

Jessica Benner and Emma Slayton

CMU Libraries

Jessica G. Benner, she (comfortable with they) | Library Liaison, Computer Science & GIS | 4406 Wean Hall, Sorrells Library | 304-268-7672 (cell) | Carnegie Mellon University