Wow! Congratulations Linda! And thank you for sharing this news. Do stay in touch, especially let me know if you are planning a trip to PA, you'll have to stop in and see me and Linda Musser! Best wishes for wherever your paths lead you in retirement and may you enjoy many years of good health, fun, and relaxation!

Paige
________________________________
From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Zellmer, Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Retirement

Hello,

I wanted to let everyone know that today is my last day at WIU. I am retiring after 35+ years as a librarian in various locations. During that time, I have had the pleasure of working with materials on a wide variety of subjects and formats, particularly maps, and have also worked with students seeking data and information in the sciences. Because of the variety, I have thoroughly enjoyed my job.

In my retirement, I will be doing some research and writing, so you may see my name on an article or two in the future. There is one puzzle that I need to unravel, a set of maps for Peoria dealing with French land claims that might have been used as evidence in a Supreme Court case in the 1850s.

I will not be signing off of the lists right now. My email address at WIU will continue to be active.

I wish you all the best. Most of all, STAY HEALTHY.

Linda Zellmer

P.S. I had hoped to be able to travel to deliver the duplicate maps to various institutions that had requested them, but COVID is getting in the way right now. Maybe if we get a vaccine, I will be able to hit the road.
--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian