Journal of Map & Geography Libraries

Early Career Call for Papers

June 15, 2020

Are you an early career academic on the tenure track or who requires research products for promotion or continuing appointment and have been negatively affected by the recent outbreak of COVID-19 (i.e. had a recent conference paper or presentation cancelled that you were counting on for your curriculum vitae or dossier)? If so, the Journal of Map & Geography Libraries would like to publish your research together in a special issue that will help to document this unprecedented time.

To be clear, your research DOES NOT have to be about COVID-19. Also, although we will not attempt to verify that submitting authors require publications for an upcoming promotion and/or tenure, please limit yourselves to this category to give those most in need a chance to publish their work.

For this special issue we will be temporarily waive the journal scope although we are still hoping to receive papers that are related to library and information science or geography, mapping and geographic information systems. If you have any specific questions about the scope of the journal for this special issue, please contact [log in to unmask]

We hope that you and your families are doing OK during this crisis; be safe out there.

Nathan Piekielek and Marcy Bidney

--
Marcy Bidney

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee