Desert Map and Aeriel Photo in Palm Desert should have one.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Susan Powell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good afternoon, everyone,
I received an inquiry from a staff member of Lake County, California who is trying to track down an air photo index:

"The Lake County Assessor-Recorder’s office has a set of large-format, 24”x24”, B&W, aerial photos by Global Aero Inc from June 1982, Scale 1”=660’, for which I am attempting to locate the flight plan index. The only number I can locate on the aerials is “2251-1”. Do you have this index, or know where to find it? I’m attempting to search for the index at Sonoma State and UC Davis but my efforts have not been fruitful. A search of UCSB’s Map and Imaging Library also has not produced any leads."

My suspicion is that this might have been a commissioned flight for the county, so an index will be hard to find in a library collection. I haven't been able to find out anything about if the flight company's holdings were acquired anywhere when they closed, so if any of you have information about Global Aero Inc, that could also be helpful. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or leads and I will pass them along!

Best,
Susan

--
Susan Powell