Hmm.  Sounds very McHargian, e.g.:

https://books.google.com/books?id=BkCwDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA133&lpg=PA133&dq=%22Ian+McHarg%22+%22change+perspective%22&source=bl&ots=rnNIWrn5na&sig=ACfU3U3z1bru_A5T7UO7NbGMhir40sS31g&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8n6TWmJnrAhVEHjQIHUIcA9EQ6AEwA3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=%22Ian%20McHarg%22%20%22change%20perspective%22&f=false

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334139898_Unfolding_Wasteland_A_Thick_Mapping_Approach_to_the_Transformation_of_Charleroi%27s_Industrial_Landscape

I’d like to see such an approach applied to the theories about Glacial Lake Missoula and the formation of the Washington State Channeled Scablands…

Also sounds like something that could look to the books and articles of Robert D. Kaplan for inspiration…

Edward A. Sullivan, III
Senior Technical Associate

Email: [log in to unmask]

Economic & Planning Systems (EPS)