Dear colleagues,

Hello from Stanford's map libraries! We are excited to tell you about a new website that we just launched for National History Day, a program that helps middle- and high-school students develop historical research skills. (Please view their website to learn more about it!).

Our new website is designed to help students think about maps more broadly and to use maps as primary sources in their history projects. Please view it here: https://exhibits.stanford.edu/nhdmaps
National History Day, Maps Edition - Spotlight at Stanford<https://exhibits.stanford.edu/nhdmaps>
This website provides map-related resources for National History Day participants.
exhibits.stanford.edu
Although it's aimed at National History Day, we think it could be of value for any student (or adult!) that wants to know more about historic maps and how to analyze them. We plan to share the website's content with our undergrads here at Stanford.

Be sure to take a look at our comics-inspired guide, found on this page<https://exhibits.stanford.edu/nhdmaps/feature/analyzing-maps>, which we created to inspire students to start thinking about old maps in more interesting ways.

Thank you!

Andrea Renner
David Rumsey Map Center

Andria Olson
Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections