In addition to this fabulous new Atlas, there is a NACIS scholarship fund raiser T-shirt designed by one of the Atlas editors.  Check it out here:

https://nacis.org/initiatives/nacis-apparel/

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Nat Case
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 10:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Atlas of Design preorders

Hello!

The North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) publishes a showcase book of maps every two years, The Atlas of Design, and volume 5 is now being made (sheets are printed and it's off to the bindery). We hope to begin shipping by the middle of November.

The atlas includes 31 contributions, in full color, 9 x 12". Each contributor as an essay discussing their work, and there's an introductory essay by five long-time NACIS members talking about how technology interacts with their design sense and creative process.

You can pre-order the Atlas at a https://atlasofdesign.bigcartel.com/, and you can view some snippets of the atlas at https://twitter.com/NACIS_Atlas.

Price is $25 plus shipping ($9.75 in the US).

Because of how our online store (BigCartel) processes orders, orders that are from groups exempt from US sales tax (like libraries) have to be handled individually. Please email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with (1) documentation of your tax exemption for our records (2) a phone number and times when we can call you to complete the transaction with a credit card (besides the card numbers, we'll need the zip code the card is billed to), and (3) your complete shipping address. We will call you and enter your information on the platform's phone app, where sales tax is optional. Thanks for your understanding.

- The Atlas of Design editorial team: Brooke Marston, Caroline Rose, Nat Case, Vanessa Knoppke-Wetzel