From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Coding the 008 for index if index isn't present

I've run across older maps that are clearly keyed to an index, but I can't find an index. These were maps that were folded in a cover with a little booklet.  In some cases, my library has map "proofs" that didn't get the index printed on the verso.

Question: should I code the 008 Indx field 1 or 0?

Angie

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue