Good morning, MAPS_Lers-

Angie, are what we see in those maps medieval strip fields? Or are they evidence of later farming? Either way, very nifty blog post.

---Sue Hawkins

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Rebecca Seifried
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 7:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cataloging, sleuthing and land consolidation in Croatia

ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.

Hi Angie,

This is a cool set of maps! I had the pleasure of working with an archaeological team in a little valley in Dalmatia where the major hydrologic reshaping took place in the 1950s, but unfortunately I don’t know about the chronology of that kind of work in Slavonia.

This may not be of any direct help, but the Državne geodetske uprave (State Geodetic Administration) geoportal (https://geoportal.dgu.hr/) is a fun resource to explore for anyone interested in the area. The language can be toggled to English on the right-side menu (look for the EN button). One of the basemaps is an aerial orthophoto from 1968 (very cool), and zooming in to 1:5,000 displays the current parcel data. Clicking the menu icon (upper-right corner) brings up more options: notably, “data and services” has some general information about the digital cadastral map (DKP), which is accessible by WMS to registered users (though I haven’t checked it out myself!).

Best,

Becky

Rebecca Seifried, PhD
Geospatial Information Librarian