Hello,
Question for those of you who are (or who supervise) map catalogers:

If you were going to hire a map cataloger, how would you manage that
person's work and keep him/her accountable for producing quality work,
etc.?

I presume the answer lies somewhere between "do nothing and assume that the
work is error-free and consistent with current standards as well as local
and best practices" (negligent) and "review every record down to the last
punctuation mark" (unrealistic) but would like to hear about your
experience and suggestions. Where's your middle ground?

(BTW, I understand that map cataloging is both art and science, so there's
not going to be a one-size-fits-all solution.)

Thank you.
mf

--
*Michael Fry*
Collections Manager | Map Library Manager

[image: Nat Geo Logo Yellow_Black.png] <http://www.nationalgeographic.org>

1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036

<https://www.nationalgeographic.org>