From: Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 1/29/21 8:55 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Neighborhood Boundaries Research / Social Theory

From: Belle Lipton <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Belle Lipton <[log in to unmask]>

One of our teachers is designing a lesson for next week, looking at neighborhoods and wondering if anyone knew of books or articles that address these questions:

Who decides the boundaries between our neighborhoods? How does this impact how we think about where we live? Who benefits from certain ways of dividing and who doesn’t?

Belle Lipton
GIS Map Librarian - Norman B. Leventhal Map & Education Center at the Boston Public Library