[Please recirculate to any who might be interested]

We are excited to invite you to the first event of our ANZMapS Webinar Series for 2021:
Warping historical maps and plans: challenges and opportunities for crowdsourcing, rectifying maps and plans onto contemporary maps

Wednesday, 3 March 2021

10:00 – 11:30 Perth

11:30 – 13:00 Darwin

12:00 – 13:30 Brisbane

12:30 – 14:00 Adelaide

13:00 – 14:30 Melbourne/Sydney

15:00 – 16:30 NZ

Three approaches to turning pixels into real geographic information through public engagement:

Asa Letourneau (Public Record Office Victoria) - PROV Map Warper and how staff and public combined to overlay thousands of Parish plans onto a contemporary map of Victoria in their exact location, using the new PROV Map Warper<https://mapwarper.prov.vic.gov.au/> service.

Martin Woods and Susie Russell (National Library of Australia) - NLA Map Search<https://mapsearch.nla.gov.au/> and the efforts of staff and citizen cartographers to overlay its diverse Australian historical map collection on open source mapping.

Peter Gersekowski, Kaye Nardella and Cecilia Tram (Qld Museum of Lands, Mapping & Surveying) - Qld Georeferencing program<https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/arts/heritage/museum-of-lands/maps-plans/georeferencing> - exploring the history of Queensland through its maps and identify past and present features such as railways, roads, towns and cities.

Free registration:

https://www.anzmaps.org/event/anzmaps-webinar-series-warping-historic-maps-and-plans/

Martin Woods | Director Curatorial & Collection Research | National Library of Australia­

02 6262 1280 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | nla.gov.au<http://nla.gov.au/>