Hi,
Couple of questions for you catalogers about the following Russian-language
map, translated and described here...

Title panel
===========
[Big type]
CRIMEA FOR TRAVELERS

[Sm. type]
Crimean peninsula 1:340,000
South Coast of Crimea 1:100,000
Simferopol, Sebastopol 1:50,000

Verso
===========
* Untitled map of Crimean peninsula that bleeds to the paper's edge (no
border or neatline)
* inset of Simferopol
* legend, table of distances, index

Recto
=======
* Titled map: "South Coast of Crimea". Map bleeds to edge (no border or
neatline).
* inset of Sebastopol
* title panel, locator map panel, 2 panels of tourist sites (photos and
text)

The existing record [OCLC 1187201243] has a 245 with the title panel's
(collective?) title and no 246s. A 500 note describes "three insets."

I don't think this is right, but I'm under-informed. The "South Coast of
Crimea" map *is* an enlargement of the described area, but it's not
depicted graphically (e.g. set off in a box) like the two "true" insets;
except for scale and the title on the map, the graphic treatment of this is
similar to the recto's peninsula map. And though I can't read the text,
it's clear from the symbology that this area is intended to represent the
most traveler/tourist-friendly part of Crimea.

Q1: How many main maps and insets here? (Two and two, I think?)
Q2: What goes in 245/246 fields? Does the small title panel text go in the
246?

Thank you for reading this far, and for any input you have. Feel free to
contact me offline if you want to know more.

Michael
--
*Michael Fry*
Collections Manager | Map Library Manager

[image: Nat Geo Logo Yellow_Black.png] <http://www.nationalgeographic.org>

1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036

<https://www.nationalgeographic.org>