The Map Curators’ Group (MCG) of the British Cartographic Society (BCS) will hold its Annual Workshop on Wednesday 8th September 2021.

BCS Annual Conference will be held the following day, Thursday 9th September.

Please note that both have now been confirmed as online events. We hope to be able to welcome more people in the virtual format by avoiding the additional difficulties of travel in a Covid-19 restricted world.

The MCG workshop theme will be:

 Learning from Lockdown : positive developments for our map collections

During Lockdown many of us have learnt new ways of working and begun new projects. Some of these will change the way we work going forward.

What has worked well for you?

The organisers invite proposals for presentations to be given at the Workshop, on the following suggested topics:

Those people making presentations will receive free registration to the Workshop.

Generally, presentations should last approximately 25 minutes. We will ask for a summary to be shared in our newsletter Cartographiti.

There is an slightly extended deadline to take into account the new virtual nature of the workshop.

Please contact the MCG Convener Paula Williams with your proposal for consideration, by 7th April 2021.

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SC011086

Due to COVID-19 restrictions our buildings are closed until further notice. We remain open online at www.nls.uk

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and data protection legislation. Personal data sent to the Library by email will be processed in accordance with the Library's privacy information available at www.nls.uk/privacy. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

 Before you print please think about the ENVIRONMENT