Greetings!

You are cordially invited to submit a piece to the Western Association of Map Libraries Information Bulletin (IB) Volume 52 issue 3 (July 2021). The IB is an open-access journal "encouraging high standards in every phase of organization and administration of map and geospatial data libraries."

Please send submissions to Chrissy Klenke, IB Editor ([log in to unmask]), by the submission deadline: Friday, June. 25th, 2021. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Please see the Instructions for Authors for details on how content should be formatted and submitted for the IB.

Timeline:

Call for submissions: May - June 2021

Submission Deadline: June 25th, 2021

IB Published: End of July 2021

Map and GIS Content Ideas:

  • Spotlights: Map libraries, GIS Labs, cool projects, events, services, etc.  Share your map and maps library or GIS service goals or updates.
  • Data, map, geospatial, or spatial literacies

  • Sneak peeks of something new you're launching.

  • User or collection assessment or surveys and results

  • Outreach

  • Map or data cataloging/metadata topics and tips

  • Other tips and tricks

  • "Behind-the-scenes" (day in the work-life, goals, struggles, accomplishments, etc.)

  • Recommendations (apps, tools, websites)

  • Library and services updates

  • Job postings

  • Anniversaries, milestones, retirements, new staff

Please send a direct email to me if you have any questions.

All the best,

Chrissy Klenke
WAML Editor

DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library