Hey everyone,

During the ESRI UC conference today, I saw a potentially important role for us regarding the new process ESRI StoryMaps collections included that is the naming of categories. The presenter suggested that content and StoryMap creators simply "choose a name" for their categories. Having just read the Meta-Data Chapter in the recent edition of "Information Services Today" I'm feeling both scooped by ESRI setting their customers loose on naming without librarian guidance and interested in knowing if somebody in the group might take initiative to inform ESRI that there is a rather deep and important set of conventions about naming collections and that sustainability of usefulness of the StoryMap collections may rely on naming convention coordination.

If I'm simply unaware of a resource with naming for StoryMap collection guidelines and folks want me to send this into ESRI, I'm happy to do that part if asked.

Happy mapping!
Layo