Dear Society members & friends,

As you will be aware Sydney has been placed in lockdown following an outbreak of the Covid 19 Delta strain. The end date for the lockdown is undetermined. Once the lockdown has been lifted there will be ongoing restrictions that will impact any onsite attendance at the Library. This situation has led to a review of our decision to hold our conference at the end of August.

We apologise for the impact of this decision and the uncertainly of the annual conference being held this year. Arrangements will be made for our AGM online.

The staging of an International conference on the Mapping of the Pacific with ANZmapS collaboration was planned to coincide with the opening of a major exhibition at the Library on Pacific mapping. The conference aimed to reflect the exhibition themes, promote research and discussion, and encourage visitation. The prospect of no onsite attendance has influenced the committee's decision to postpone the conference until Feb/March 2022, when vaccinations rates have improved, and border restrictions may be more predictable.

We apologise for change of plans. Once Sydney and the Library reopens, we will be planning several smaller events and talks and will make sure these activities are shared with you all. We would love to welcome you to the Library and the exhibition which will be open until April 2022.

Hoping you are safe and well.

Thanks,
Maggie

State Library of NSW
Maggie Patton
Manager, Research and Discovery
+61 2 9273 1709

Macquarie Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia

_.