Greetings all,

You are cordially invited to submit a piece to the Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML) Information Bulletin (IB) Volume 53 issue 31 (Nov 2021). The WAML IB is an open-access journal "encouraging high standards in every phase of organization and administration of map and geospatial data libraries."

Submission Deadline: Friday, Oct 29th, 2021 (right after the WAML Virtual Conference)

IB Published: End of November 2021

Map and GIS Content Ideas:
Have you completed a presentation at a conference? Perhaps, your WAML presentation (past or present)? ðŸ¤“

Have a project you are working on or finished that is associated with Maps or GIS?

Other ideas:

  • Spotlights: Map libraries, GIS Labs, cool projects, events, services, etc.  Share your map and maps library or GIS service goals or updates.
  • Data, map, geospatial, or spatial literacies

  • Sneak peeks of something new you're launching.

  • User or collection assessment or surveys and results

  • Outreach

  • Map or data cataloging/metadata topics and tips

  • Other tips and tricks

  • "Behind-the-scenes" (day in the work-life, goals, struggles, accomplishments, etc.)

  • Recommendations (apps, tools, websites)

  • Library and services updates

  • Job postings

  • Anniversaries, milestones, retirements, new staff

See the Instructions for Authors for details on how content and images should be formatted and submitted for the IB.

Please send submissions to Chrissy Klenke, IB Editor ([log in to unmask]), by the submission deadline: Friday, Oct 29th, 2021. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Chrissy Klenke
WAML Editor

Chrissy Klenke
Earth Sciences, GIS, and Maps Librarian
DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89557
Mail stop: 0262
Pronouns: she, her, hers
phone: 775.682.7371
email: [log in to unmask]

Schedule an Appointment with Chrissy

We acknowledge that the University of Nevada, Reno is situated on the traditional homelands of the Numu (Northern Paiute), Wašiw (Washoe), Newe (Western Shoshone), and Nuwu (Southern Paiute) peoples. These lands continue to be a gathering place for Indigenous Peoples and we recognize their deep connections to these places. We extend our appreciation for the opportunity to live and learn on their territory.