Hi all!

I’m in the process of developing a course on Map/GIS Librarianship for the Department of Library and Information Science at Indiana University.  I’m really starting from scratch, so would appreciate any input. What do you wish you learned in library school? Has anyone taught a similar course and would be willing to share resources? I’m imagining some combination of spatial humanities, map care & collecting, critical cartography, map types/reading, and a little bit of cartographic history, etc.

Thanks in advance! Feel free to reply to me directly if you prefer.

Theresa

--

Theresa Quill (she/her/hers)

Map and Spatial Data Librarian

Liaison to Department of Geography

Associate Librarian

Herman B Wells Library, E241C

Indiana University Bloomington

Schedule a virtual appointment with Theresa