From: Watters, Cynthia M. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 9:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map collection

My husband was an antiquarian map dealer doing business as Cartographics of Vermont for many years.  He is now retired and we need to liquidate the collection.  It consists of about 1500 atlases (intact), pocketmaps, wallmaps, books, broadsides, ephemera, games, globes, guides, individual maps, views, and reference materials primarily 19th century Americana.

One possibility is to find a library who is interested in the collection.

We have cataloged about 1/3 of the collection (most of the pocketmaps and a good portion of the atlases, few or none of the remaining categories) in Excel and I am happy to send that document.  It does not include photos but does indicate condition of each.  We do have a photos of a few items that I could send as well.

Please let me know if you and your library have any interest in the collection.

I’d prefer to sell, but, for a library, would not be adverse to donating.  The kicker would be that it has to be picked up—there’s no way I can pack up and mail it all.  Can include card catalog unit for pocket maps, steel library shelving, and odds and ends.

--Cynthia Watters

Thank you,

Cynthia Watters

(802) 989-8381