Hello colleagues,

Apologies for duplication due to cross-posting on multiple lists.

I'm currently teaching a Map/GIS librarianship course through SJSU's School of Information. The course is online and asynchronous. Since this my first time teaching something like this, I have opted to use the previous instructor's syllabus as a template. One of the assignments that I'm re-using is for students to reach out and talk with a professional map/GIS librarian. The purpose of this conversation is for the students to get a sense of what a working map collection is like: description of the collection(s), services, users, etc. are like.

Here' my ask:

Are there any of you willing to participate in this assignment as an interviewee? I'd like to provide the students with a list of potential librarians open to being interviewed to save them the anxiety of "cold-calling," and you the annoyance of being "cold-called." Interviews will likely occur between April 11th-May 1, 2022, can be conducted via email, phone, or Zoom(?). Please respond to me off-list if your are willing to help out.

Thanks for your consideration and time,
-Matt

Matthew Parsons, Associate Librarian
Geospatial Data and Maps Librarian