From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Fry, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 10:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MAPS-L] Need: 1939 Nat Geo map

Hi,
I'm looking for an unusual (?) version of an NGS map originally published and distributed with the Oct. 1939 issue of National Geographic magazine. I'm hoping somebody has a print or digital copy that they can offer.

This map was modified in the middle of its print run such that there are two versions.

Version 1's complete title: "Central Europe and the Mediterranean as of Aug. 28, 1939"
Version 2's complete title: "Central Europe and the Mediterranean as of Sept. 1, 1939"

We lack Version 1. It's not clear to me where each version was sent, but if any of you have a copy (print or digital) that you're willing to donate, please let me know.

Thank you.
Michael

--
Michael Fry