Let's represent the cartographic materials in this rare materials cataloging survey ...

The LD4 Rare Materials Affinity Group (RMAG) is seeking Broad community input regarding where to focus our efforts as we begin modelling linked data profiles for rare materials cataloging. These profiles will be largely based on the Art and Rare Materials (ARM) ontology extension and created in the Sinopia stage environment. They are intended to help catalogers gain hands-on experience in linked data cataloging and template creation, and to inform the further development of ARM and other linked data standards and practices. Please complete the survey by July 8, 2022.

 RMAG seeks to make use of the collective expertise across the member and cohort institutions to discuss needs and challenges particular to rare materials, and to coordinate the development of resources to support our work. If you are interested in participating in or following the work of RMAG, please join our google group [log in to unmask] and our Slack channel ld4.slack.com#rareaffinitygrp.

https://forms.gle/KuJhMhKtzDMWtCnAA

Christine DeZelar-Tiedman
Cataloging Policies and Practices Librarian | Cataloging, Metadata, & Digitization Services | University of Minnesota Libraries
160 Wilson Library | 309 19th Ave. S. | Minneapolis, MN 55455
she, her, hers

Angie Cope
AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

M-F 8:00am-4:30pm  [log in to unmask]
 (414) 251-7608 or (414)229-6282
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W

We acknowledge that in Milwaukee we live and work on traditional Potawatomi, Ho-Chunk, and Menominee homelands along the southwest shores of Michigami, part of North America’s largest system of freshwater lakes, where the Milwaukee, Menominee, and Kinnickinnic rivers meet and the people of Wisconsin’s sovereign Anishinaabe, Ho-Chunk, Menominee, Oneida, and Mohican nations remain present.