At the end of April, after introducing the map animations I was releasing as NFTs, I mentioned "A Synesthete's Atlas", a projected/manipulated maps performance with cellist Helena Espvall in Lisbon. I've only just landed at Logan and am pleased to share information about five similar performances in the not too distant future (+ more later in the year). East Coast MAPS-L-ers, I invite you to attend shows in the Boston, New York, or DC areas. I'm excited and gratified that a concept that was perhaps dubious four months ago has fired the imaginations of collaborators and venues alike.

I don't plan to post more of these to MAPS-L in the future. I encourage you to sign up for my mailing list or follow me on social media if you're interested. Thanks for your indulgence with these few.

Eric

with saxophonist/flautist/composer Ken Field (23 Jun 2022; 7:30p) Free.
Mass Audubon Magazine Beach Park Nature Center
668 Memorial Dr
Cambridge, MA
https://www.massaudubon.org/program-catalog/magazine-beach/84147-mass-audubon-presents-a-synesthete-s-atlas

with saxophonist/clarinetist/shakuhachi player Ned Rothenberg (28 Jun 2022; 8p) $5-15
Millennium Film Workshop
167 Wilson Av
Brooklyn, NY

with multi-instrumentalist Jim Ryan and drummer Darien Baiza (30 Jun 2022; 7:30p. $10-20.
Rhizome DC
6950 Maple St NW
Washington, DC
https://www.rhizomedc.org/new-events/2022/6/30/erictheisejimryandarienbaiza

with composer/performer Carl Stone (15 Sep 2022; 8p) $20.
Indexical
Tannery Arts Center, 1050 River St. #119
Santa Cruz, CA
https://www.indexical.org/events

with oboist/composer Kyle Bruckmann (25 Sep 2022; 7p)
Shapeshifters Cinema
567 5th St
Oakland, CA
http://shapeshifterscinema.com/