Zak,

I don’t believe those are Zs.  Rather, they are 2s.  The larger 2 indicates that it is a 2 story building while the others represent 22 feet in height.  Notice that the buildings around it indicate the number of stories and heights.  The building in question is on a correction slip, so a different person probably drew it compared to the original map or other correction slips.  I will also add that a review of the Sanborn Surveyor Manual abbreviations list has no “Z” in it.

Happy Researching.

David

   seemoreincolor

David Hodnefield

President

952-253-2004

Historical Information Gatherers (HIG)

www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/

LinkedIn-Logo-02facebook icontwitter iconyoutube icon