From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Diaz, Tony A.
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 11:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help choosing a large-scale printer

Hi all, I have a proposal to finally replace our 2005 era HP printer, out IT department came up with two finalists:

Which one would be better?  We are only interested in plain-type paper, and we will use it to print maps and posters, primarily. We don’t expect a lot of volume either, since our population is rather small.

They came up with:

  1. HP DesignJet Z6 Large Format PostScript® Graphics Printer - 44", with Advanced Security Features (T8W16A)

  1. HP DesignJet Z9+ Large Format PostScript® Photo Printer - 44", with Spectrophotometer (W3Z72A)

Tony Diaz | Geology & Planetary Sciences Librarian| Caltech Library

Mail Code 100-23 | Pasadena CA 91125 | 626-395-6699 | www.library.caltech.edu